Eliminating barriers for to the development of social entrepreneurship – IZBOR Macedonia
During its twenty years of operation, the Association IZBOR through the development strategy of the organization, managed to implement a large number of projects through its programs aimed at target groups:
- Program to maintain low prevalence of HIV / AIDS, through:
- Programmes of harm reduction among injecting drug users,
- Programmes to promote health and social rights of sex workers.
- Program for free legal aid – Improving and facilitating the exercise of the rights and needs in front of the state institutions, and equality in the exercise of the rights and needs of target groups, as well as efficiency and accessibility of protection and respect of fundamental human rights.
- Program for rehabilitation, re-socialization and reintegration of persons who have problems with drug addiction, alcohol, hazard and members of their families – This program works by pattern and method of therapeutic community with more integrated psychotherapeutic routes (systemic family psychotherapy, CBT, REBT, group psychotherapy), it is the only long-term psychosocial treatment program in the country and in the wider region.
From the very beginning, when Izbor created a concept model for the treatment and rehabilitation of persons who have problems with addiction, they intensively developed the reintegration of clients back to their social inclusion.
For many of their clients they are the last stop and only chance for a re-socialization.
The need for successful reintegration is the result of stigmata and marginalization of these vulnerable groups in society and the many barriers that these persons have, once they are rehabilitated. At the same time, the current social and economic situation in the country makes it even harder to employ these people. Very often, because of such problems these people are prone to relapse and reinstate because of addictive behavior.
Very quickly the organization realized that for many of their clients they are the last stop and only chance for a re-socialization. Аs an organization, through the development of the model of social entrepreneurship they offer an opportunity for rehabilitated persons to be employed in the therapeutic community POKROV. The association IZBOR is developing social entrepreneurship within the therapeutic community POKROV, through the development of production facilities for the production of organic vegetables crops, thus the organization tends to become self-sufficient.
With this innovation – working occupational therapy which is implemented in our program, the organization gained a new dimension, so that it will help Izbor´s clients to gain working habits and new skills, responsibility, diligence and will also allow them to get employment.
Support for the development of innovative services for social inclusion, and equal access to quality jobs
Motivated by this state of affairs, Izbor draws their great energy and motivation and we are confident that through the development of social entrepreneurship in the therapeutic community POKROV, we may become a driving force, trend and response to negative impacts of repeated crisis because of large social differences, and to offer human and broader vision of pluralistic inclusive strategy for sustainable development of drug addicts and alcohol, as well as other socially excluded and stigmatized groups.