Who can submit a project to the Social Impact Award?
Any team of students or student from a university in Romania is allowed to submit a project. You have to be enrolled in university and have a valid enrolment number or document for the academic year 2011-2012. If a team submits a project, at least 50% of its members have to be students. Already founded projects can also be submitted, as long as the project was not founded more than 2 years before the submission. There is no age restriction.
Key dates of Competition
• March – 5 free workshops in each of the cities: Bucharest, Iasi, Cluj
• April 5 – Deadline for submissions of ideas
• online-community vote: May 7 to 31
• June 1-award ceremony in Vienna, Austria
What are you supposed to submit?
You can submit your project idea to solve a social problem in an innovative, entrepreneurial way. The projects can be rooted in different fields, like poverty reduction, health, education, environment, energy, technologies of information and communication, human rights, equal opportunities, care, and others.
Submitted projects can be organized as part of civil society (NGO, NPO, association, initiatives) as well as in the course of private economy as social business: It could be a mobile soup kitchen for homeless people, a new educational concept, a website to mobilize the neighborhood, an idea of fundraising or something totally new – the important thing is that your project follows a social goal. Find an overview on winners of previous years here.
How do you submit a project?
You can submit your project per email to the following email addresses email@example.com
- Form of application. Download the form of application here, fill it in and add it to your submission.
- Summary of the project. Provide a summary of your project idea of the length of one page of A4 to sum up all relevant parts of your project submission.
- Project documents. The project documents form the main part of your submission. They present your project idea in detail and answer all relevant questions concerning Here you are free to express yourself in the way you want to communicate – may it be a written project plan, a video, a podcast, a presentation,…or a combination of some of them. The project documents are open in format. The project documents include the whole description and presentation of the submitted project idea. They are open in format and can therefore consist of texts, concept papers, pictures, videos, PowerPoint presentations, etc. or a combination of these – you can choose the format you want to communicate in. These project documents are the basis of evaluation. Consequently a person evaluating your project should be able to easily understand which social problem you are solving and in what way you are planning to do that.
Please bear in mind that the email is allowed to have a maximum size of 6 MB.